Original Image by Nossirom
Hey guys! Sorry for practically dropping off the face of the earth. I was busy both trying to write and trying to to everything else. Yeah, it’s not going really well. I feel like every November I try to do Nanowrimo, but then all of a sudden I have 50 million other things to do as well. It’s the holidays that trip me up, I think. Thanksgiving is next Thursday. I’ll be working but that’s ok, I traded working that day for having Christmas off this year. So food is being planned for that. Then we have Christmas and shopping!
Since I now have both a full time job and a part time job, most shopping will be online. It’s so much easier anyway. I have my sister done and I already know what I’m getting my brother, it’s my parents and brother-in-law that are giving me trouble. I hate to give out gift cards, but if I can’t come up with ideas I may be forced to do it. I just need ideas as to what they want! But everyone is being difficult.
Aside from those gifts, I’m also working on hand-made gift bags for my coworkers as well as my Secret Santa package hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. I already brought a couple of books, I just need to pick up a few more things for the package and box it up to sent. The gift bags for my co workers are already decorated, I just need to pick up a few more things to put in them as well. I’ll have to share pictures of everything soon.
What are you guys doing to get ready for the holidays?
Original Image by Luca Baroncini
As of today we are officially one week into Nanowrimo. And I’m running behind! It’s like my job knows that I’m trying to write a novel and is actively working against me. And when I do have free time, I have major writer’s block. But I will push on! Hopefully I can use this weekend to catch up a little bit or a lot. I want to make it, but I feel like I’m still letting my inner editor call all of the shots, when I really just need to write down what I want and edit later. Well, let me stop procrastinating and see if I can get some more words down.
How are your novels going?
I have just found out that Maria from Whisperes has kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Award. Thank you, Maria!
You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post.
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.
Write 11 questions for them to answer.
Also let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m half African American and half Korean, although I unfortunately don’t speak Korean. My mother thought it would confuse me growing up. I would still like to learn though.
2. I still love to read fanfiction. I’m a fan of Smash, Harry Potter, Glee and Twilight fanfiction. (Honestly I prefer the Twilight fanfiction to the actual books or movie.)
3. My favorite season is Fall, as you probably know by my post this year. I was born in November, so that may be part of it.
4. I’m a Scorpio and I think that I have a lot of those characteristics. I do tend to keep my emotions suppressed, at least in person. I don’t like to show if I’m feeling hurt.
5. I have a huge sweet tooth. I know it’s not good for my teeth or my health, but I really can’t help it.
6. I just started writing to pen pals. I hope I can keep it up. I got into it again because of Nanowrimo and I hope to continue for a while. I love the idea of getting real mail and sending someone an actual letter.
7. My sister is my best friend. She’s 5 years younger than me but we are very close now. (When we are younger, no so much lol)
8. Aside from a 24 hour stomach bug in the fifth grade, I’ve never had a major illness or injury. No broken bones or anything that has required me to go to the hospital or miss school or work.
9. I’m not interested in having kids. (I prefer to be an aunt that can give the kids back at the end of the day.)
10. I’m a Starbucks addict. I don’t like straight coffee, but I love the Starbucks drinks.
11. My father was in the military and I went to a total of 7 schools from preschool until I graduated high school.
What got you into blogging in the first place? I started my first year of college with my first blog just because everyone else seemed to be doing it.
What attracts you in a blog? I like creativity and DIY posts, whether food or crafts.
What do you value most in a friendship? Honesty. Even if it hurts, I prefer the truth to a lie.
What’s the most beautiful place you’ve ever been? Austria! I got to visit the actual house of the Von Trapp family from The Sound of Music. The whole place was amazing!
What is your favourite band and why? This probably dates me but my favorite group is ‘Nsync. And the reason should be obvious!
Where do you see yourself in five years from now? Hopefully with a career that I love and finally having my Master’s degree.
When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up, and does it differ from what you ended up becoming? I used to want to be an astronaut. Since I’m horrible with math and science I’m nowhere near that career. lol
What is your favourite way of accessorizing with your outfits? A scarf. The perfect accessory for pretty much any season.
What are your thoughts on eco-conscious living? I do agree with it, but some people can take it a bit too far.
If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you want to live? NYC! I visited once and I loved it! I would love for a chance to live there.
What is your fondest childhood memory? Going to Disneyworld! Happiest place on Earth.
I don’t have quite 11 to nominate, I need to read more blogs. Some of these people have probably already been nominated. Sorry!
1. What is your favorite season and why?
2. PC or Mac?
3. Who would you wish to star as you in the movie of your life?
4. What is the one food you could not live without?
5. What is your favorite tv show?
6. What is one of your favorite hobbies?
7. What is your favorite quote from a movie, show, or literature?
8. If you could visit anywhere, where would you go?
9. Breakfast Club reference, who are you: the athlete, basket case, princess, brain, or criminal?
10. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
11. If you went to Hogwarts, which House would you be in?
Image from Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads:
Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home. After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things. The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.
I loved the first one and I can’t wait to get into this one! I’m so bad, I definitely have other things to do.
Image from The Broke and the Bookish
This is a meme from The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday they offer a new topic for you to create your list from. For this week, the theme is Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names. I could choose one or the other, but I’m combining them into the list of unusual characters names I love. This list is not in any particular order.
1. Hermione (Harry Potter) – I admit that when I first read the name, I had no idea how to actually pronounce it. I will say that a big positive about the movies is that I got to hear how the name is actually supposed to be said. I won’t embarrass myself with how many ways I have messed up this name. But when I heard it, I absolutely loved it!
2. Sirius (Harry Potter) – I love J.K. Rowling’s penchant for naming some of the characters for their characteristics. Sirius is of course the ‘dog star’ in the sky and the character turns into a dog!
3. Remus Lupin (Harry Potter) – Remus Lupin, is another example of a character named for their characteristics. Remus comes from the myth of Romulus and Remus. Brothers that were saved by a wolf giving them her milk. And Lupin is in reference to the Latin word, ‘lupus’, which means wolf.
4. Katniss (Hunger Games) – Katniss took a while to grow on me as a name. I think it was the character herself that made me love this name. She’s strong and caring, even if she doesn’t see herself that way. She’s also a survivor.
5. Sabriel (Abhorsen) – This name I’ve loved since I first saw it. It’s unique and yet not too different that it’s weird. To me, anyway. Kind of rolls off the tongue.
6. Meliara (Crown Duel) – I would name my child this. It’s a great name, from a strong character. I’m completely recommending this book by the way.
7. Vidanric (Crown Duel) – And another character from this book. It’s a really great, strong name. And it has good nickname potential.
8. Elsha (Winter of Fire) – This is a great book that took me forever to find again. I first read this in elementary school and loved it! Elsha was a strong character and I think her name reflects that. Not common, but I love it nonetheless.
9. Elphaba (Wicked) – Who does not love this name? Interesting and unique. It reflects this character perfectly I think. It’s different and makes no apologies for it. Just like the character.
10. Cimorene (Enchanted Forest Chronicles) – From a series that I read a looooong, long time ago. I’m still not sure of the pronunciation, but I love it anyway. It just looks good written down. lol
What are some of your favorite character names?