Original Image by Rubbermaid Products
* Ash in Fashion now has a series about building a better wardrobe. This is something that I definitely need to do in my closet. I think it will be my project this summer. Her first post focused on creating wardrobe goals and the second post focused on figuring out what you need. I can’t wait to read more of the series.
* I used to love using Comic Sans all the time. This monologue cracks me up! It’s an old one, but still good.
* Sometimes you need a break from the internet, but you don’t know what to do. Gala has a great blog post of 100 things to do instead of being on your computer. I especially love numbers 13, 16, and 58.
Original Image by Carolyn Wakefield
* This fairy garden is so elaborate and gorgeous. It’s perfect for kids both big and small.
* Who doesn’t want to be smarter, prettier, and less awkward?
* I love to try out new recipes, even if they don’t always turn out the way I planned. As such, I absolutely love Annie’s Eats. She has great recipes to try out. She has everything from appetizers to pasta to my favorite, cupcakes. I’ve already tried her vanilla cupcakes, chocolate cupcakes, and her cream cheese frosting. I will definitely be trying out more soon. Especially something like her hazelnut macarons with nutella filling or her baked french toast. Now I’m hungry…
* Want to be self-published? You can read advice and experience from an author that published her own book here and here.
Original Image by Lavinia Marin
Barcelona is the second largest city in Spain and the capitol of Catalonia. It is rich in cultural history and is a major tourist destination.
Original Image by Patrick Nijhuis
Original Image by Lucy Bee
Original Image by Gabriel Currie
Original Image by danagouws
Original Image by April Bell
Original Image by martinclay
Original Image by Nina Briski
Original Image by Lavinia Marin
Credited to She Knows
Summer is here and so is the summer show lineup. This summer seems to be focused on dance, or maybe it’s just because I’m obsessed with all things musically inclined. I’m that person that watches pretty much any show or movie that has music or dance in it. ‘Dirty Dancing”? I watched both the original and the sequel. ‘Coyote Ugly’ was amazing. ‘Honey’? Saw that. ‘Grease’ is a big favorite and so is ‘Hairspray’. ‘Save the Last Dance’ and it’s sequel were good. I’m all up in ‘Glee’ of course and let’s not forget ‘Victorious’ on Nickelodeon. (I’m still a kid at heart.) I’m not ashamed to say that I loved all of the ‘High School Musical’ movies. I loved all of the ‘Step Up’ movies as well. Oh! And I love that new show ‘Smash’ as well. It’s safe to say that I may have a problem…maybe.
Credited to Bunheads Facebook Page
However, it seems that this summer, television is feeding my obsession. There are some great shows this summer that are featuring dance. They include the returning show So You Think You Can Dance as well as two new shows: Bunheads and Breaking Pointe. Honestly, these shows just make me feel jealous that I’ve always been so uncoordinated. And yet I just can’t stop watching.
What about you guys? Are you watching any of these shows this summer?
Original Images: (clockwise from the top right) Fran Flores, Edenpictures, Inna Dee, Dominic Morel
It’s been so rainy here for the past few weeks. Just when the weather fools me into thinking it’s getting hot again, the rain comes back with a vengeance. I don’t let it get me down though. In fact, I love rainy days! I wish all of my weekends could be rainy days, because then I’d feel justified in never leaving the house and being lazy.
Some people however, don’t seem to enjoy them as much as I do. Especially when they have other plans that involve being outside or they just don’t like going outdoors and getting wet at all. Here are a few options you have to enjoy and make the most your own rainy day.
1. Curl up with good book.
This is at the top of the list because this is personally my first choice. Like me you could sit on a comfy chair and finally start reading those books you’ve been meaning to get to for months. *hint, hint* You could make a nice cup of tea or coffee and enjoy the sound of the rain as you lose yourself in a great story.
2. Have a movie marathon.
Another great choice is to pick a bunch of movies and veg out for the day. You can go through your own collection of DVDs or hit up Netflix and curl up for an all day movie marathon. You can even decide to choose a specific theme for your marathon. In the mood for musicals, scary movies, or maybe some classics? Whatever you want to make the most of your rainy day.
3. Try out a new recipe.
In the mood to do more than sit around? Hit up Pinterest and find some new recipe to try out. You can especially try out some recipes that are great for a rainy day mood such as this lasagna soup or this baked potato soup.
4. Cuddle with the one you love.
This is also a great one. You can curl up and cuddle with the one you love, enjoying the down time. This can be a best friend, sibling, significant other, or even a pet. A dog or a cat can be a great cuddler.
5. Have a private dance party.
If the rain is giving you the blues, use music to cheer yourself up! Blast your favorite dance music and have yourself a private dance party. In fact you can copy that classic Tom Cruise movie if you are home alone and dance around the house in cute underwear. The exercise will create endorphins sure to improve your mood. Katy Perry anyone?
6. Sleep in or have a nice nap.
A good nap is never remiss on a rainy day. The sound of raindrops on the roof never fails to make me a little sleepy. With the stress of your week at work or school, a little extra sleep may be just what you need to give yourself a bit of a boost. I tend to curl up in a chair next to a window. The sound of the rain puts me right to sleep.
7. Have a spa day.
A rainy day is a great time to pamper yourself at home. Try out a new hairstyle or give yourself a facial. You can find plenty of recipes online to homemade facial masks or scrubs, like here. You can also give yourself a pedicure and manicure. You can have fun trying out different designs on your nails like this cute ombre nail look.