Original Images: Far left Wonderlane, Top Right Rui Fernandes, Bottom Right State Library of Victoria Collections
* This first link is a bit older but I still love it. I found it on Lovely Undergrad. It’s called For All the Girls Who Read. It’s a great passage that I’m sure you readers and writers would love.
* I found this hilarious gif site this month. What Should We Call Me is a very, very funny site that has me laughing everyday when I check it.
* I’ve always had a hard time keeping a journal. I’ve wanted to be able to sit down and write down what happened in my day, but it just seems so daunting. Every College Girl takes a very simple approach to journaling however. Who said journaling had to be complicated?
* Summer is a great time to travel! Sometimes it can be hard to get started however. This post shows you how to book a great trip on your own, even without experience.
* Another great travel post was on College Fashion. Whether you are still in school or just plain low on money, this is a great article on how to plan a trip on a budget.
* And lastly, but not least. The Beauty Department had a great DIY nail post. I’m all about the plaid! Maybe in some neutral colors to keep it work appropriate.
Image courtesy of Bethany Sebben on Pinterest
Original Image by State Records NSW
I found this little meme on we heart this and thought it looked fun. Summer is almost here, even if it feels like it already is in some places. Spend some time outdoors!
Original Image by AugustaGALiving
1. Where would it be? Here in my city, I would picnic along the Savannah River at the Riverwalk. There are picnic tables to sit on to each lunch while looking out over the river. It’s really gorgeous especially later in the day.
2. What would you eat/drink? Something nice and light. A nice pasta salad, lemonade, and fruit for dessert!
3. Who would you invite? All of my family! We always have a great time together. It would remind me of when I was younger.
What about you guys? What is your dream picnic?
Original Image by Maipi
Original Image by fotoviva
Venice has been known by many monikers including ‘The Floating City’ and ‘City of Water’. This is because of the fact that it is located on a site of 118 small islands separated by canals and connected by bridges. It is a popular city because of its beauty, its architecture, and its art.
Original Image by Juanma Jimenez
Original Image by Juanma Jimenez
It’s been many, many years since I’ve been. In fact I was a little girl, so I didn’t really appreciate it like I could now. Which is why I do plan to go back again. Riding in a gondola or walking over the bridges… I want to do it all.
Original Image by Paul Vermeulen
Original Image by Chiara Marra
I want to visit the historic building and see the architecture and sites. I love to visit museums and libraries and theaters.
Original Image by Federico Fabiani
Original Image by April Bell
Original Image by leonardobc
Credited to Goodreads
Summary from Goodreads
Eight years after Graceling, Bitterblue is now queen of Monsea. But the influence of her father, a violent psychopath with mind-altering abilities, lives on. Her advisors, who have run things since Leck died, believe in a forward-thinking plan: Pardon all who committed terrible acts under Leck’s reign, and forget anything bad ever happened. But when Bitterblue begins sneaking outside the castle—disguised and alone—to walk the streets of her own city, she starts realizing that the kingdom has been under the thirty-five-year spell of a madman, and the only way to move forward is to revisit the past.
Two thieves, who only steal what has already been stolen, change her life forever. They hold a key to the truth of Leck’s reign. And one of them, with an extreme skill called a Grace that he hasn’t yet identified, holds a key to her heart.
I read the first two books in this series and I loved them. I’ve just started this book and can’t wait to see what happens. This world that Ms. Cashore has created is varied and wonderful. I really hopes that she continues to write more books from this universe.
Are there any books you are currently reading and would like to share? I love to take book recommendations.